According to the National Institutes of Health, anxiety disorders affect more than 40 million adults in the United States. It is a problem that affects both men and women, and it has been shown that CBD can help with anxiety.
If you suffer from any type of anxiety disorder, here are some ways to find relief for it using CBD products.
How does CBD work?
The most widely known cannabinoid in the cannabis plant is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which produces psychoactive effects when consumed. The nonpsychoactive cousin of THC is cannabidiol (CBD).
CBD exists naturally in the hemp plant, but because it’s classified as a Schedule 1 controlled substance by the U.S. government, it cannot be legally sold or used as medicine without undergoing extensive testing. As a result, scientists have had to develop synthetic CBD to produce consistent results and increase understanding about how it works on the human body.
CBD is completely different from its cannabinoid counterpart. When ingested, it doesn’t alter your perception of time; instead, it acts like an anti-inflammatory agent and blocks the activity of certain chemicals in the brain that may otherwise cause anxiety.
Why use CBD oil for anxiety?
While CBD oil certainly isn’t the only treatment option available for anxiety, it offers a safe alternative to prescription drugs. Unlike pharmaceutical medications, CBD is entirely natural and produced from hemp plants grown organically with no pesticides.
Because the product contains no THC, you won’t experience the same “high” effect associated with other marijuana strains. And unlike pharmaceutical meds, there are virtually no side effects. In fact, CBD has actually proven beneficial for people with epilepsy, fibromyalgia, and PTSD.
What are the main types of anxiety?
There are many different types of anxiety, and they vary based on the severity. While all anxiety is considered problematic for some people, some types are more severe than others. For example, generalized anxiety disorder is characterized by excessive worry and nervousness, while panic attacks are intense feelings of terror.
Some of the most common forms of anxiety include social anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and agoraphobia. According to WebMD, these conditions occur when someone experiences extreme fear or discomfort over something that is seemingly insignificant, such as public speaking or being alone at night.
People who experience these conditions often feel unable to engage in everyday activities, like going out to eat or traveling alone. For those seeking CBD for anxiety, the following types of anxiety tend to respond well to CBD treatment:
- Generalized anxiety disorder: This type of anxiety causes excessive fear and anxiety throughout the day. Symptoms include feeling extremely nervous, worrying excessively, and experiencing physical symptoms of anxiety such as rapid heart rate.
- Panic disorder: This condition involves bouts of extreme fear, panic, and trembling. Common symptoms include chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, and sweating.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder: People with this condition compulsively perform behaviors in order to reduce anxiety. They may also avoid doing things that make them anxious.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: People with this condition continue to relive traumatic events even after the original incident has passed. They may begin suffering from flashbacks and nightmares.
- Agoraphobia: This condition entails extreme fear or anxiety over situations where escape might be difficult or dangerous. Common symptoms include avoiding places where escape would be difficult, such as crowded spaces or open areas.
If you suffer from one of these conditions, there are several options you can consider. These include:
- Marijuana: Some studies have found that inhaled marijuana provides relief from anxiety. However, this method requires frequent use, and many users report that it becomes addictive.
- Vaping: Vaping is another way to administer CBD without smoking. Because CBD is absorbed through the lungs, vaping allows you to take a smaller dose of the medication than smoking would allow. Although vaping typically costs less than smoking, it is still expensive.
- Tinctures: Because tinctures contain very small amounts of CBD, it’s easier to get your daily dosage when using this method. Tinctures typically come in drops, capsules, gummies, or liquids.
- Edibles: Edibles are a popular form of CBD delivery because they don’t require inhalation or repeated intake of liquid. You simply need to swallow the edible to receive the full benefit of the drug.
- Topicals: Topical CBD treatments involve applying the medication directly to the skin. This helps the medication bypass the liver, allowing it to enter the bloodstream quickly. This method is not ideal if you’re looking for fast relief from anxiety.
If you’re dealing with an anxiety disorder, the best approach will depend on what type of anxiety you’re suffering from. The above list details the most commonly used methods, but remember that CBD isn’t necessarily the right choice for everyone. If you do choose to try CBD, know that it should ideally be administered orally.
Which CBD products are best for anxiety?
CBD is a relatively new medication. So, if you want to try it, you’ll probably want to start with low doses. And although CBD is generally thought of as a supplement, you can find CBD products listed on pharmacy websites.
Although CBD can be effective in treating anxiety, there aren’t any conclusive studies regarding whether it’s safe enough to recommend it as a first-line treatment.
While CBD products made by reputable companies are usually safe and effective, it’s important to note that the quality and potency of CBD oils varies depending on the brand. Some brands sell cheap, ineffective products full of filler ingredients. Others sell high-quality products made from organic hemp. Make sure to read reviews and buy from a reliable source before purchasing.
In addition to choosing a reliable brand, there are several factors that influence the effectiveness of CBD oil. These include the following:
- CBD content: Most CBD products on the market are made from industrial hemp. Industrial hemp is legal under federal law, but it hasn’t undergone the same level of testing as medical-grade CBD.
- Cannabis strain: Each strain of hemp varies in their potency. Some strains are higher in CBD, whereas others are higher in THC. You may need to experiment with different products to find the one that works best for you.
- Dosage: There’s no general rule about how much CBD you should take each day. Many people find a single drop to be effective, while others prefer taking two to four drops per serving. Start off slowly and then gradually increase your dosage until you reach the amount that works for you.
Best CBD for anxiety: Pure Hemp Flower
Pure Hemp Flower sells one of the highest-quality CBD products on the market. You can purchase this product online or at dispensaries across the country.
This product comes in three strengths: 10mg, 20mg, and 25mg. Each bottle contains one gram of CBD with zero additives or fillers. Pure Hemp Flower uses full-spectrum CBD sourced from organic industrial hemp plants. Each batch undergoes third-party lab testing to ensure that there are no contaminants present in the final product.
Pure Hemp Flower is particularly strong in reducing anxiety, and their website says that CBD has helped users sleep better, focus better, enjoy sex more, and manage their chronic pain.
Best CBD for anxiety: Charlotte’s Web
Charlotte’s Web is a leading producer of CBD products. Their products are made from organic hemp grown in Colorado and tested in a state-of-the-art laboratory.
Most of their products come in a variety of concentrations, including 5ml bottles containing 5 mg, 10 ml bottles containing 8 mg, and 15 ml bottles containing 12 mg. Their CBD products are free from THC and additives.
Charlotte’s Web produces CBD products in five different strains. If you’re interested in finding the right strain for your needs, you can visit their website and look up your specific anxiety type. You can narrow down your search by selecting your preferred concentration and desired strength.
In this article we have stated everything about some of the top rated cbd oil for anxiety if you want to buy any type of cbd oil for anxiety then there are some things which will help you and we have stated them in this article as well. There are many studies in which it is found that taking cbd oils is very helpful for anxiety.