If you have an above-ground pool at your house, then you are surely enjoying diving into the cold water during the hot summers, isn’t it? Above-ground pools have turned out to be one of the best solutions to those who do not have the budget and space to build an in-ground pool right now. In terms of fun and excitement, above-ground pools offer the same experience and are also more affordable. However, if you are enjoying the pool on a regular basis, then you should know how to maintain it as well.
Here are some useful tips that will help you to maintain your above-ground pool correctly.
- Clean your pool at least once every week. Yes! This is absolutely crucial. Even if you haven’t used the pool for the whole week, you should clean it. You can use a skimmer and a pool vacuum in order to deep clean it. When you are cleaning your pool so often, you can avoid the build-up of algae and bacteria on the pool surface. Later on, it will consume a lot of time and resources to clean them out.
- It is important you check the chemical balance of the pool with the help of a test strip twice a month. You can add certain chemicals or follow the shock treatment depending on the kind of test strip you are using. This helps you to identify any kind of anomaly in the water or pool surface and walls.
- Clean out the baskets for the pump and the skimmer frequently. Over time, as you keep using the pool, there is a lot of dirt and leaves that are stuck in these places. So they can clog the pool and cause serious problems. It will help you pool to last for a long time.
- Make sure to check if all the equipment that helps your pool to run are working well and good or not. Identifying a problem in its initial stages will help you to get it repaired at lower costs. Everything should be running smooth & without any issues. Call the customer support in case you think there is some problem with it.
- Send the pool for service. There are many brands in the industry who offer paid cleaning services to the people. Even though you can surely clean and maintain the pool at your home, if you can send the pool for servicing once every 4-6 months, it elongates its life span and offers a better experience. They use high-end equipment and tools which are able to clean the pool in a more reliable & thorough manner. They also offer free pickup and drop service to their customers nowadays.
So, here are the top above-ground pools maintaining tips that you should follow. All of these tips are very useful and must be followed if you want to enjoy your pool to the fullest. Search the web and check out the Best Above Ground Pools that are available in 2021.